Helicopter Flight Training
Last Updated 7-19-16
Founded in 2000, Universal Helicopters has provided helicopter pilot training and flight instruction for people interested in careers in aviation; with Helicopter Flight School Locations in
Scottsdale AZ, Prescott AZ, Dodge City KS, Salina KS, Provo UT, Camarillo CA, Waco TX.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality helicopter flight and ground training in the safest possible environment and in the shortest elapsed time. In the end analysis this results
in the least cost for UHI students. It results in their entry into the professional helicopter pilot market with the highest possible qualifications from the leader in helicopter pilot
training and with an excellent possibility of finding the best jobs in industry.
- UHI Inc. dba Universal Helicopters takes pride in offering the most highly advanced and exceptional professional helicopter flight training in the Robinson R22, R44, R66 and Bell 206 helicopters.
President, Gordon Jiroux, and his flight instructors have set the standard for excellence in flight instruction around the world in the past, and will continue to do so.
- Part 61 and Part 141 FAA Approved for: Private; Commercial; Instrument; Flight Instructor; Flight Instructor Instrument – Initial and Add-On Certificates/Ratings at all 7 campuses.
- Part 141 approved for: Turbine Conversion, Mountain & High Altitude; SFAR 73. 2. (b) (5) Instructor Endorsement for non R22 or R44 instructor pilots.
- Primary Training in the Robinson R22, R44, R66 and Turbine conversions in the Robinson R66 and Bell 206.
- Add On programs for Airplane pilots - Private through ATP, CFI and CFII.
- Night Vision Goggle FAA Part 141 Approved training courses for FAA Initial Qualification, Instructor Pilot Qualification and Recurrent Training
- VA approved in Scottsdale & Prescott AZ, Provo UT, Dodge City & Salina KS, and Camarillo CA.
- This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students.
- We do not engage in any other activities as many other flight schools do, such as helicopter rentals, photographic flights, sightseeing flights, charters, tours, commercial operations,
etc. Our sole business is to be the safest and best in the Helicopter Flight Training business.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) has selected Universal Helicopters (UHI) as the exclusive provider of its Helicopter Flight Training Program to students at the University’s Prescott,
Arizona campus. The ERAU/UHI agreement brings together the experience of two of the most respected names in aviation flight training.
- We can build special individual training programs to suit your particular needs at your location at your convenience. We can also build a program to finish a certificate(s) or rating that
you started but never finished - See our Training page
- International pilots with foreign Certificates/Licenses without FAA Certificates – get your stand-alone FAA certificates at Universal, then you will have certificates which do not depend on
the currency/validity of your foreign certificates. You get 100% credit for logged and attested flight hours in your personal logbook and just need to focus on the FAA knowledge and flight
- International Students:
- If you are a Non US Citizen wanting to obtain FAA Pilot Certificates, we can provide you with expert knowledge and assistance regarding your training whether you already have Certificates and Ratings from your own country or not.
- Since the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center 9/11/2001 the US Department of Homeland Security - Alien Flight Student Program (AFSP) requires that before any flight training is given, a Security Threat Assessment is made to ensure that you are not a threat to US aviation or national security. We can assist you to navigate this process.
- Universal Helicopters is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students (Student and Exchange Visitor Program) and to assist potential students in completing the Department of Homeland Security TSA "Alien Flight Student Program" process
EARN YOUR UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE DEGREE IN AVIATION ADMINISTRATION AT UNIVERSAL HELICOPTERS
through Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Kansas State University or through
Dodge City Community College
See our University Degrees page for details or contact Gordon @ 1-866-I-FLY-UHI